Pure Motivation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pure Motivation

To Motivate

Our Brothers and Sisters Only Groups have now been made private. If you wish to join you must click on the usergroup link and apply.
Top posters
zaharah (1191)
Prayer in the Bible Vote_lcapPrayer in the Bible Voting_barPrayer in the Bible Vote_rcap 
dangata (623)
Prayer in the Bible Vote_lcapPrayer in the Bible Voting_barPrayer in the Bible Vote_rcap 
sister harb (539)
nazleen (506)
Aisha (368)
EbonyRose (352)
Full of hopes (172)
Mila (144)
Tabu (108)
Abu Zainab (104)

Latest topics
» Pardon and Forgive.
Prayer in the Bible EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:09 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Similitude Of Good Actions.
Prayer in the Bible EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 am by Abu Zainab

» Tafsir al-Jalalayn.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 am by Abu Zainab

» And To Allah We Shall Return.
Prayer in the Bible EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:23 pm by Abu Zainab

» Thought Of Ayat 43, Surat Furqan?
Prayer in the Bible EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 pm by Abu Zainab

» Worldly Life: So Insignificant!!
Prayer in the Bible EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:57 am by Abu Zainab

» Ayat 55 of Surat Ta-Ha and Our Creation.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:43 am by Abu Zainab

» The Ruh and Allah's Secret Ocean.
Prayer in the Bible EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 7:04 am by Abu Zainab

» Amazing Quotes.
Prayer in the Bible EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 am by Abu Zainab

» High Status Of Rasool Allah- Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.
Prayer in the Bible EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 6:19 pm by Abu Zainab

» Be On Your Guard...
Prayer in the Bible EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Sadaqa (Charity) We Give Daily.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 1:05 pm by Abu Zainab

» Shortcuts To Paradise/Jannah.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 am by Abu Zainab

» Welcome to the Daily Grind where you can unwind
Prayer in the Bible EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 12:00 pm by sister harb

» Consider Ayat 46 of Surat Kahfi.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawheed In Summary.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 2:14 pm by Abu Zainab

» Inspiration For Excellent Action.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm by Abu Zainab

» Remembering Death.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 7:37 am by Abu Zainab

»  Just A Minute !!
Prayer in the Bible EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 pm by Abu Zainab

» His Heart Never Sleeps.
Prayer in the Bible EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Of Scrupulousness and Little Laughter.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 pm by Abu Zainab

» Do You Know The Qur'an?
Prayer in the Bible EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Signs Of The Sweetness Of Imaan.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 pm by Abu Zainab

» Seeking The Beloved.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm by Abu Zainab

» Mind That Food and Drink.
Prayer in the Bible EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:18 pm by Abu Zainab

» ALLAH: The Supreme Name.
Prayer in the Bible EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:02 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawbah is Obligatory.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:42 am by Abu Zainab

» Cookie Pizza
Prayer in the Bible EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 am by sister harb

» Prophethood As A Circle.
Prayer in the Bible EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 am by Abu Zainab

» Benefit of Turmeric
Prayer in the Bible EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:22 pm by zaharah

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prayer in the Bible

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prayer in the Bible Empty Prayer in the Bible Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Aisha

Aisha

A Look at the Physical Act of Prayer
How Jesus and other Biblical Prophets PRAYED

Genesis 17:1-4 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty Allah; walk before me and be thou perfect. 2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. 3 And Abram fell on his face: and Allah talked with him, saying, 4 As for Me, behold, My covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Deuteronomy 5:6-9 I am the Lord thy Allah, which brought thee out of Egypt, from the house of bondage. 7 Thou shalt have none other gods before Me. 8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: 9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them nor serve them…

The very fact that Allah is instructing people not to “bow down” to idols, means that bowing is a valid form of worship.

Psalm 95:6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.

Note that both bowing and kneeling are mentioned in Psalm 95:6, the very order in which Muslims perform them.

Deuteronomy 9:24-25 Ye have been rebellious against the Lord from the day that I knew you. 25 Thus I fell down before the Lord forty days and forty nights, as I fell down the first; because the Lord had said He would destroy you.

Revelations 7:11-12 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped Allah, 12 Saying, Ameen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our Allah for ever and ever. Ameen.

Joshua 7:6-7 And Joshua rent his clothes, and fell to the earth upon his face before the ark of the Lord until eventide, he and the elders of Israel, and put dust upon their heads. 7 And Joshua said, Alas, O Lord Allah, wherefore hast Thou at all brought this people over Jordan, to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy us? Would to Allah we had been content, and dwelt on the other side of the Jordan!

Numbers 16:20-22 And the Lord spake unto Moses and Aaron, saying, 21 Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. 22 And they fell upon their faces, and said, O Allah, the Allah of spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt Thou be wroth with the all of the congregation?

Numbers 20:6 And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the Lord appeared unto them.

Thus far, we have read that Moses, Joshua, Aaron, and Abraham (peace be upon them all) worshipped the One True Allah through prostration and bowing. The angels did the same. And in Matthew 26:39 Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) also puts his face to the ground in humility before Allah.

Matthew 26:36-39 Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gesthemane, and saith unto his disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. 37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be very sorrowful and heavy. 38 Then saith he unto them, my soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death; tarry ye here, and watch with me. 39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as Thou Wilt.

And be steadfast in prayer;
Practice regular charity;
And bow down your heads
With those who bow down.
Holy Qur’an 2:45

http://thetruereligion.wordpress.com/2008/12/09/how-jesus-and-other-biblical-prophets-prayed/

2Prayer in the Bible Empty Re: Prayer in the Bible Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:50 am

dangata

dangata

thats Another great post sister mashallah

3Prayer in the Bible Empty Re: Prayer in the Bible Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Aisha

Aisha

Allahu Akbar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum