Pure Motivation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pure Motivation

To Motivate

Our Brothers and Sisters Only Groups have now been made private. If you wish to join you must click on the usergroup link and apply.
Top posters
zaharah (1191)
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH Vote_lcapProphet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH Voting_barProphet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH Vote_rcap 
dangata (623)
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH Vote_lcapProphet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH Voting_barProphet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH Vote_rcap 
sister harb (539)
nazleen (506)
Aisha (368)
EbonyRose (352)
Full of hopes (172)
Mila (144)
Tabu (108)
Abu Zainab (104)

Latest topics
» Pardon and Forgive.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:09 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Similitude Of Good Actions.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 am by Abu Zainab

» Tafsir al-Jalalayn.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 am by Abu Zainab

» And To Allah We Shall Return.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:23 pm by Abu Zainab

» Thought Of Ayat 43, Surat Furqan?
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 pm by Abu Zainab

» Worldly Life: So Insignificant!!
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:57 am by Abu Zainab

» Ayat 55 of Surat Ta-Ha and Our Creation.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:43 am by Abu Zainab

» The Ruh and Allah's Secret Ocean.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 7:04 am by Abu Zainab

» Amazing Quotes.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 am by Abu Zainab

» High Status Of Rasool Allah- Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 6:19 pm by Abu Zainab

» Be On Your Guard...
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Sadaqa (Charity) We Give Daily.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 1:05 pm by Abu Zainab

» Shortcuts To Paradise/Jannah.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 am by Abu Zainab

» Welcome to the Daily Grind where you can unwind
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 12:00 pm by sister harb

» Consider Ayat 46 of Surat Kahfi.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawheed In Summary.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 2:14 pm by Abu Zainab

» Inspiration For Excellent Action.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm by Abu Zainab

» Remembering Death.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 7:37 am by Abu Zainab

»  Just A Minute !!
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 pm by Abu Zainab

» His Heart Never Sleeps.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Of Scrupulousness and Little Laughter.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 pm by Abu Zainab

» Do You Know The Qur'an?
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Signs Of The Sweetness Of Imaan.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 pm by Abu Zainab

» Seeking The Beloved.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm by Abu Zainab

» Mind That Food and Drink.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:18 pm by Abu Zainab

» ALLAH: The Supreme Name.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:02 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawbah is Obligatory.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:42 am by Abu Zainab

» Cookie Pizza
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 am by sister harb

» Prophethood As A Circle.
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 am by Abu Zainab

» Benefit of Turmeric
Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:22 pm by zaharah

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham PBUH

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham  PBUH Empty Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham PBUH Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 pm

EbonyRose

EbonyRose

The Story of Abraham and Nimrod

Hasan A. Yahya, Ph.D, a writer from Arab Land

Abraham as we knew from historical and biblical scriptures the patriarch father of prophets for Arabs and Jews. He's the father of Ishmael and Isaac. Nimrod, however was the emperor of Babylonia, the one who'se story was mentioned in holy books of Muslims and Jews. In Islam, Muslims believe that God interfered to save Abraham from fire as Qur'an tells the story. In this article, the story version of a story of Nimrod and Abraham: was told by the Rabbis Midrash from the 6th century AD :
"(...) He [Abraham] was given over to Nimrod. [Nimrod] told him: Worship the Fire! Abraham said to him: Shall I then worship the water, which puts off the fire! Nimrod told him: Worship the water! [Abraham] said to him: If so, shall I worship the cloud, which carries the water? [Nimrod] told him: Worship the cloud! [Abraham] said to him: If so, shall I worship the wind, which scatters the clouds? [Nimrod] said to him: Worship the wind! [Abraham] said to him: And shall we worship the human, who withstands the wind? Said [Nimrod] to him: You pile words upon words, I bow to none but the fire - in it shall I throw you, and let the God to whom you bow come and save you from it!
Haran [Abraham's brother] was standing there.

He said [to himself]: what shall I do? If Abraham wins, I shall say: "I am of Abraham's [followers]", if Nimrod wins I shall say "I am of Nimrod's [followers]". When Abraham went into the furnace and survived, Haran was asked: "Whose [follower] are you?" and he answered: "I am Abraham's!". [Then] they took him and threw him into the furnace, and his belly opened and he died and predeceased Terach, his father."
A lot happened between the time of the Biblical Nimrod and Abraham and the 6th century Jewish Rabbi's that dreamed up this scenario.
The name Nimrod has also become synonymous with a 'fool' as the American Heritage Dictionary says:
"The name Nimrod is either a hunter or a person regarded as silly or foolish." Many people have tried to correlate Nimrod with all the initial evils, idolatry and ills in the world. Many have taught the whole world rebelled against God because of Nimrod's rebellion.

His name, they say, means rebellion and it is said he was the first Idolater."
Recently, a writer from the holy land, contrasted Nimrod with the state of Zionist Israel. Nimrod and Israel has much in common. They both have several misjudgments, conquered enemies, open cities by force, and tortured defeated people, and committed several massacres. The writer concluded:
" Israel since its creation, works and behaves as if it were God, like Nimrod, when he stood against God. Nimrod died and vanished, Israel will die and vanish too. History will tell. Palestinians will vanish too, but they will prevail first in few years, as Israeli-Zionist Jews did in 1948 until now." I believe strongly, the writer is telling the truth. (514 words)

www.askdryahya.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum