Pure Motivation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pure Motivation

To Motivate

Our Brothers and Sisters Only Groups have now been made private. If you wish to join you must click on the usergroup link and apply.
Top posters
zaharah (1191)
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I Vote_lcapFataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I Voting_barFataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I Vote_rcap 
dangata (623)
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I Vote_lcapFataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I Voting_barFataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I Vote_rcap 
sister harb (539)
nazleen (506)
Aisha (368)
EbonyRose (352)
Full of hopes (172)
Mila (144)
Tabu (108)
Abu Zainab (104)

Latest topics
» Pardon and Forgive.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:09 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Similitude Of Good Actions.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 am by Abu Zainab

» Tafsir al-Jalalayn.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 am by Abu Zainab

» And To Allah We Shall Return.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:23 pm by Abu Zainab

» Thought Of Ayat 43, Surat Furqan?
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 pm by Abu Zainab

» Worldly Life: So Insignificant!!
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:57 am by Abu Zainab

» Ayat 55 of Surat Ta-Ha and Our Creation.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:43 am by Abu Zainab

» The Ruh and Allah's Secret Ocean.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 7:04 am by Abu Zainab

» Amazing Quotes.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 am by Abu Zainab

» High Status Of Rasool Allah- Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 6:19 pm by Abu Zainab

» Be On Your Guard...
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Sadaqa (Charity) We Give Daily.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 1:05 pm by Abu Zainab

» Shortcuts To Paradise/Jannah.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 am by Abu Zainab

» Welcome to the Daily Grind where you can unwind
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 12:00 pm by sister harb

» Consider Ayat 46 of Surat Kahfi.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawheed In Summary.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 2:14 pm by Abu Zainab

» Inspiration For Excellent Action.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm by Abu Zainab

» Remembering Death.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 7:37 am by Abu Zainab

»  Just A Minute !!
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 pm by Abu Zainab

» His Heart Never Sleeps.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Of Scrupulousness and Little Laughter.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 pm by Abu Zainab

» Do You Know The Qur'an?
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Signs Of The Sweetness Of Imaan.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 pm by Abu Zainab

» Seeking The Beloved.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm by Abu Zainab

» Mind That Food and Drink.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:18 pm by Abu Zainab

» ALLAH: The Supreme Name.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:02 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawbah is Obligatory.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:42 am by Abu Zainab

» Cookie Pizza
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 am by sister harb

» Prophethood As A Circle.
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 am by Abu Zainab

» Benefit of Turmeric
Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:22 pm by zaharah

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I Empty Fataawa Regarding Mother's Day-I Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:53 pm

dangata

dangata

1- The scholars of the Permanent Committee, may Allaah have mercy upon them, said,

All perfect praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds and may His peace and blessing be upon His Messenger, his family and Companions.

First: The word “‘Eed” [festival] is a term given to the occasion of assembly which customarily recurs annually, monthly, weekly or so on. It implies a recurring day such as the day of ‘Eed Al-Fitr, Friday, and so on, the assembly on that day and the deeds wherewith it is held, in terms of acts of worship and customs.

Second: Any of the days that are intended for worship, drawing closer to or honoring Allaah, seeking reward, or imitating the people of the pre-Islamic days or their likes from among the disbelievers, is an invented religious innovation, that is forbidden [under Sharee‘ah], as being included in the general statement of the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam: “Whoever introduces anything new in our matter [i.e. religion], which does not originally belong to it, it will be rejected.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

A typical example is celebrating the Prophetic Mawlid (birthday), Mother's Day and National Day. The first implies a religious innovation of an act of worship, which was not ordained by Allaah The Almighty on the one hand, and an imitation of the Christians and others like them from the disbelievers. The second and the third imply imitation of the disbelievers. However, if the occasion is intended to organize work in a way that serves the benefit of the Ummah (nation) and adjusts the affairs of its people, like holding a traffic week, putting a timetable at the beginning of the academic year, meeting with employees to organize work, and so on, whose aim is not to come closer to, honor or worship [Allaah], it then belongs to the ordinary innovations which are not included in the statement of the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. There is nothing wrong with it, and it is even valid under the Sharee‘ah.

With Allaah The Almighty lies success; and may Allaah confer blessing and peace upon our Prophet - Muhammad, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam - and his household and Companions.

2- They also said,

It is impermissible to celebrate what is called "Mother's Day" or other such innovated days [festivals], due to the statement of the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam: “Whoever does something that is not supported by our matter [religion], it will be rejected.” [Muslim] The celebration of Mother's Day neither belongs to the Sunnah of the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, nor was it done by his Companions, may Allaah be pleased with them, nor the righteous predecessors of this Ummah. On the contrary, it is a religious innovation that also involves imitation of the disbelievers.

3- Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzaan, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said,

Muslims imitate the disbelievers in many things, including matters of worship, such as polytheistic deeds like building over graves, installing tombs over them and exceeding the due limits in the matter of the graves in general. The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: “May Allaah send His curse on the Jews and Christians, who took the graves of their prophets as places of worship.” He said that whenever a righteous man died among them, they used to build a place of worship over his grave and paint pictures in it and say that they would be considered (by Allaah) as the worst of people on the Day of Judgment. Because of exceeding the due limits in the matter of graves, the people fell into major Shirk (polytheism), which is well-known among all people.

Going back to the matter at hand, such practices give rise to such deviation due to imitating the Jews and Christians in matters like the celebration of polytheistic and innovated festivals, for example the celebration of Mawlids (birthdays) on the birth-date of the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, and the celebration of the birthdays of presidents and kings. These kinds of polytheistic innovated events might be called certain “Days” or "Weeks", like National Day, Mother's Day, Cleanliness Week, and so on; all these have come to the Muslims via the disbelievers, as in Islam, there are no more than two ‘Eeds (festivals): ‘Eed Al-Fitr and ‘Eed Al-Adh’ha, and anything else is a religious innovation and an imitation of the disbelievers. So, it is obligatory for the Muslims to take heed of this and not be deceived by the large number of people who do it, from among those who belong to Islam but are ignorant of the real nature of Islam, which causes them to fall into these mistakes because of their ignorance, as well as those who are not ignorant of the real nature of Islam, which means that they make these mistakes intentionally. In the latter case of people who adopt such practices intentionally, the calamity is even more severe. Allaah The Almighty Says (what means): {There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allaah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allaah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allaah often.} [Quran 33:21]

4- When Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih Al-‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy upon him, was asked about the ruling on celebrating what is called Mother's Day, he gave the following answer:

Indeed, all festivals [and days] that conflict with the Sharee‘ah-approved festivals are but innovated festivals which were unknown among the righteous predecessors. Keeping in mind that their source might be non-Muslim, they would then imply, besides their being a religious innovation, an imitation of the enemies of Allaah The Almighty.

The Sharee‘ah-approved festivals are known among the Muslims, i.e. ‘Eed Al-Fitr and ‘Eed Al-Adh’ha, in addition to the weekly ‘Eed, i.e. Friday; and there are no festivals in Islam other than these three. Any festivals that have been innovated other than these should be rejected because they are invalid under the Sharee‘ah of Allaah The Almighty, due to the statement of the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam: “Whoever introduces anything new in our matter [i.e. religion], which does not originally belong to it, it will be rejected.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim] i.e. it will be rejected by its originator and not accepted (by Allaah). According to another version: “Whoever does something that is not supported by our matter [religion], it will be rejected.” [Muslim]

Being so, it is impermissible, concerning the day mentioned in the question, which is called Mother's Day, to do any rite that is characteristic of ‘Eed, like expressing delight and pleasure, presenting gifts and such things. Moreover, it is obligatory for the Muslim to cherish and be proud of his religion, and be satisfied with what has been ordained by Allaah The Almighty for His slaves, without addition or reduction. The Muslim should also not be a yes-man, who is too submissive and follows whatever is called for. On the contrary, he should form his independent personality according to the principles of the Sharee‘ah of Allaah The Almighty and follow that rather than follow others. He should be a good pattern [to be followed] and not an imitator [of others]. This is because the Sharee‘ah of Allaah - all perfect praise be to Allaah - is perfect in all respects, as confirmed by Allaah The Almighty in His saying (what means): {This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion.} [Quran 5:3]

The mother deserves to be honored every day of the year. Her children should care for her, look after her and obey her in anything that leads to no disobedience of Allaah The Almighty, in every time and place.

To be continued ...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum