Pure Motivation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pure Motivation

To Motivate

Our Brothers and Sisters Only Groups have now been made private. If you wish to join you must click on the usergroup link and apply.
Top posters
zaharah (1191)
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Vote_lcapWhy aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Voting_barWhy aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Vote_rcap 
dangata (623)
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Vote_lcapWhy aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Voting_barWhy aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Vote_rcap 
sister harb (539)
nazleen (506)
Aisha (368)
EbonyRose (352)
Full of hopes (172)
Mila (144)
Tabu (108)
Abu Zainab (104)

Latest topics
» Pardon and Forgive.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:09 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Similitude Of Good Actions.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 am by Abu Zainab

» Tafsir al-Jalalayn.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 am by Abu Zainab

» And To Allah We Shall Return.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:23 pm by Abu Zainab

» Thought Of Ayat 43, Surat Furqan?
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 pm by Abu Zainab

» Worldly Life: So Insignificant!!
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:57 am by Abu Zainab

» Ayat 55 of Surat Ta-Ha and Our Creation.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:43 am by Abu Zainab

» The Ruh and Allah's Secret Ocean.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 7:04 am by Abu Zainab

» Amazing Quotes.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 am by Abu Zainab

» High Status Of Rasool Allah- Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 6:19 pm by Abu Zainab

» Be On Your Guard...
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Sadaqa (Charity) We Give Daily.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 1:05 pm by Abu Zainab

» Shortcuts To Paradise/Jannah.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 am by Abu Zainab

» Welcome to the Daily Grind where you can unwind
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 12:00 pm by sister harb

» Consider Ayat 46 of Surat Kahfi.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawheed In Summary.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 2:14 pm by Abu Zainab

» Inspiration For Excellent Action.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm by Abu Zainab

» Remembering Death.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 7:37 am by Abu Zainab

»  Just A Minute !!
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 pm by Abu Zainab

» His Heart Never Sleeps.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Of Scrupulousness and Little Laughter.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 pm by Abu Zainab

» Do You Know The Qur'an?
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Signs Of The Sweetness Of Imaan.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 pm by Abu Zainab

» Seeking The Beloved.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm by Abu Zainab

» Mind That Food and Drink.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:18 pm by Abu Zainab

» ALLAH: The Supreme Name.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:02 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawbah is Obligatory.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:42 am by Abu Zainab

» Cookie Pizza
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 am by sister harb

» Prophethood As A Circle.
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 am by Abu Zainab

» Benefit of Turmeric
Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:22 pm by zaharah

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Empty Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:26 pm

Mila

Mila

I personally dont seem to understand why people claim that the Muslim women are being "forced" and "oppressed" to cover their bodies, while a Christian nun is considered "pure" and "pious". If you look at the way a Muslimah covers her body and a Nun covers her body it is the SAME. Every part of the Muslimah's body and the nun body is covered maybe not in the same manner but those parts being the hair, neck, arms, legs,etc. they are covered.

Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? 74191210

Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Nunt10

So why isn't the Nun looked at as being oppressed? And why is the Muslimah not looked at as being pious and true to Islam?
It doesnt make sense and look at the Christain's imagery of the Virgin Mary (Maryam)

Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? 91462110
does she not wear hijab?
I just dont understand nuns and Muslimah both cover so if you are saying that a Muslimah is oppressed because she follows her religion and covers her body then it is only fair that you say a Christian nun is also oppressed because she too is following her religion and covering her body....right?

I am not attacking Christanity I just want people to look and understand that the Nun's and the Muslimah's attire are basically the same. Just because one is Christian and the other Muslim isnt a excuse because both are covered in the same manner and both are following their religion.
With that being said why in society is the Muslimah looked at as oppressed while the Nun isnt? Does that make sense?

2Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Empty Re: Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:58 am

zaharah

zaharah

WOW
Assalimu Alaikum Sister Mila
Hey do u want me to pass out with the post??
Sister you are telling the truth on this yet again. Sister sometimes when i got out to the markets, sister they look at me like im about to do something really bad. I have seen a Nun in the markets and people crowd around her like she is a saint and want to touch and admire her.

3Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Empty Re: Why aren't Nuns considered Opressed? Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:59 am

EbonyRose

EbonyRose

Assalimu Alaikum to the forum.

Wow sister mila this is a great point sister, this is so true. Sister as far as i can see with the pic's you posted, sister mila i only see that BIG CROSS around that nun's neck. But as for me sometimes i highlight my hajib with a neckles, ROFL
Sorry hope not to offend others, Insha Allah

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum