Pure Motivation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pure Motivation

To Motivate

Our Brothers and Sisters Only Groups have now been made private. If you wish to join you must click on the usergroup link and apply.
Top posters
zaharah (1191)
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year Vote_lcapFriends: The Key to a Good School Year Voting_barFriends: The Key to a Good School Year Vote_rcap 
dangata (623)
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year Vote_lcapFriends: The Key to a Good School Year Voting_barFriends: The Key to a Good School Year Vote_rcap 
sister harb (539)
nazleen (506)
Aisha (368)
EbonyRose (352)
Full of hopes (172)
Mila (144)
Tabu (108)
Abu Zainab (104)

Latest topics
» Pardon and Forgive.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:09 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Similitude Of Good Actions.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 am by Abu Zainab

» Tafsir al-Jalalayn.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 am by Abu Zainab

» And To Allah We Shall Return.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:23 pm by Abu Zainab

» Thought Of Ayat 43, Surat Furqan?
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 pm by Abu Zainab

» Worldly Life: So Insignificant!!
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:57 am by Abu Zainab

» Ayat 55 of Surat Ta-Ha and Our Creation.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:43 am by Abu Zainab

» The Ruh and Allah's Secret Ocean.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 7:04 am by Abu Zainab

» Amazing Quotes.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 am by Abu Zainab

» High Status Of Rasool Allah- Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 6:19 pm by Abu Zainab

» Be On Your Guard...
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Sadaqa (Charity) We Give Daily.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 1:05 pm by Abu Zainab

» Shortcuts To Paradise/Jannah.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 am by Abu Zainab

» Welcome to the Daily Grind where you can unwind
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 12:00 pm by sister harb

» Consider Ayat 46 of Surat Kahfi.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawheed In Summary.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 2:14 pm by Abu Zainab

» Inspiration For Excellent Action.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm by Abu Zainab

» Remembering Death.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 7:37 am by Abu Zainab

»  Just A Minute !!
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 pm by Abu Zainab

» His Heart Never Sleeps.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Of Scrupulousness and Little Laughter.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 pm by Abu Zainab

» Do You Know The Qur'an?
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Signs Of The Sweetness Of Imaan.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 pm by Abu Zainab

» Seeking The Beloved.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm by Abu Zainab

» Mind That Food and Drink.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:18 pm by Abu Zainab

» ALLAH: The Supreme Name.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:02 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawbah is Obligatory.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:42 am by Abu Zainab

» Cookie Pizza
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 am by sister harb

» Prophethood As A Circle.
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 am by Abu Zainab

» Benefit of Turmeric
Friends: The Key to a Good School Year EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:22 pm by zaharah

You are not connected. Please login or register

Friends: The Key to a Good School Year

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Friends: The Key to a Good School Year Empty Friends: The Key to a Good School Year Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Mila

Mila

by Hiba Al-Zahawi

It’s that time again, time to go back to school and hit the books. The long lazy summer days are over and now we have another academic year on our hands. So how can we make this new year a wonderful and memorable one? What can we do so that in the future when we look back we can say that this year was a good one? The answer to that lies in our friends.

Friends play a big role in our lives. Part of our nature is the desire to be around people and to interact with others. We want to share our thoughts and feelings, we want to experience new things and create memories, and friends can help us do that.

Friends are there to listen to you and to share your moments of joy and sadness. But most importantly friends are there to support you. This network of support is very crucial especially to the Muslim student living in a largely non-Muslim community.

Throughout high school, there were only two or three Muslims in the entire school and I was the only one who wore a scarf. It was difficult at times having to deal with non-Muslim students and not having many Muslims around you for support.

As I started my first year at the university, I began to meet new Muslims and slowly realized what a difference having Muslim friends could have on you.

For the first time in many years, I felt that I "belonged." All of a sudden, I was surrounded by a group of people who offered me support and gave me strength to face my difficulties in working with the non-Muslim student population.

The best part of having those Muslim friends is the memories that we created. We shared many laughs and struggled together to strengthen our Muslim identity on campus and help educate people about Islam.

We shared our experiences and depended on one another for guidance and support. At the end of each day, we would look back and smile realizing that we had made it through another day as a group.

Thanks to God, I have been very fortunate in meeting my Muslim friends. By having gone through high school with hardly any Muslims, I realize now the importance of having Muslim friends and being part of a community.

I would advise you to get to know as many Muslims as you can this year and to form a strong circle of friends where you can support one another.

If you are attending a college or are going to soon, then ask and see if there is a Muslim Students' Association (MSA) on campus and try to get involved with their activities and get to know new people.

How good school will be this year will depend on you and your efforts in meeting new Muslims. If Allah has blessed you with Muslim friends then try to reach out to other Muslims, include them in the group, and help them create a good and memorable school year.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum