Pure Motivation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pure Motivation

To Motivate

Our Brothers and Sisters Only Groups have now been made private. If you wish to join you must click on the usergroup link and apply.
Top posters
zaharah (1191)
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Vote_lcapOud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Voting_barOud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Vote_rcap 
dangata (623)
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Vote_lcapOud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Voting_barOud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Vote_rcap 
sister harb (539)
nazleen (506)
Aisha (368)
EbonyRose (352)
Full of hopes (172)
Mila (144)
Tabu (108)
Abu Zainab (104)

Latest topics
» Pardon and Forgive.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:09 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Similitude Of Good Actions.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 am by Abu Zainab

» Tafsir al-Jalalayn.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 am by Abu Zainab

» And To Allah We Shall Return.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:23 pm by Abu Zainab

» Thought Of Ayat 43, Surat Furqan?
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 pm by Abu Zainab

» Worldly Life: So Insignificant!!
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:57 am by Abu Zainab

» Ayat 55 of Surat Ta-Ha and Our Creation.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:43 am by Abu Zainab

» The Ruh and Allah's Secret Ocean.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 7:04 am by Abu Zainab

» Amazing Quotes.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 am by Abu Zainab

» High Status Of Rasool Allah- Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 6:19 pm by Abu Zainab

» Be On Your Guard...
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Sadaqa (Charity) We Give Daily.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 1:05 pm by Abu Zainab

» Shortcuts To Paradise/Jannah.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 am by Abu Zainab

» Welcome to the Daily Grind where you can unwind
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 12:00 pm by sister harb

» Consider Ayat 46 of Surat Kahfi.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawheed In Summary.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 2:14 pm by Abu Zainab

» Inspiration For Excellent Action.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm by Abu Zainab

» Remembering Death.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 7:37 am by Abu Zainab

»  Just A Minute !!
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 pm by Abu Zainab

» His Heart Never Sleeps.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Of Scrupulousness and Little Laughter.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 pm by Abu Zainab

» Do You Know The Qur'an?
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Signs Of The Sweetness Of Imaan.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 pm by Abu Zainab

» Seeking The Beloved.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm by Abu Zainab

» Mind That Food and Drink.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:18 pm by Abu Zainab

» ALLAH: The Supreme Name.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:02 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawbah is Obligatory.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:42 am by Abu Zainab

» Cookie Pizza
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 am by sister harb

» Prophethood As A Circle.
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 am by Abu Zainab

» Benefit of Turmeric
Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:22 pm by zaharah

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Empty Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Full of hopes

Full of hopes

BAKHOOR
The Legendary home fragrance

Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Bakhoor

* Bakhoor or Bukhoor is a great home fragrance and is brought out on special occasions like wedding , love moments , or for welcoming guests . Women use it to give their clothes an exotic seducing smell.

*It's far better than Incense sticks*

What is Bakhoor or Bukhoor?

* "Bukhoor or Bakhoor (Arabic بخور) is the Arabic name given to scented bricks or a blend of natural traditional ingredients, mainly woodchips (Oudh the Arabic name for Agarwood/Aloeswood) soaked in fragrant oils and mixed with other natural ingredients (resin, ambergris, musk, sandalwood , essential oils and others). These scented chips/bricks are burned in charcoal or incense burners to perfume the house and clothing with the fragrance rich thick smoke. This is used specifically on special occasions like weddings or on relaxing times and love occasions or generally just to perfume the house or store, and to boost positive energy. It is traditional in many Arab countries to pass Bukhoor amongst the guests in the Majlis (Arabic مجلس, meaning sitting room) this is done as a gesture of hospitality.

2Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Empty Re: Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Full of hopes

Full of hopes

Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences DSC04584-eBay
Original Bakhoor from Yemen

Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences BTML

Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences EmaratesMabsoos-Small

Bakhoor-Mabsoos (kind of Bakhoor) / small sticks
[/center]

3Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Empty Re: Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Full of hopes

Full of hopes

The Bukhoor is usually burned in a traditional incense burner called Mabkhara (it has other names in other courtiers like Majmor), using charcoal of wood or manufactured charcoal discs/briquettes. But many people nowadays use electrical incense burners because they are faster and safer to use. I personally like to use the charcoal because it's traditional , natural and burns Bakhoor better.

* Bakhoor (in Yemen) is made mainly of natural ingredients and every maker that cooks the bakthoor has its secret recipe that distinguishes her/him from others. Some of those makers inherited the art of making Bakhoor from their great ancestors and still keep the secret from generation to generation. In Yemen, Also in Oman and other Arab countries, they call it Bakhoor while others in the Gulf countries call it Bukhoor. It's the same, but in Yemen and some Arab countries Bakhoor is hand-made using a cooking method (on fire) while there is other countries that make it using baking method mixing resins (doesn't use fire, it's baked maybe like clay) and is mostly manufactured these days. With Bakhoor the fragrance is carried to the air by smoke and adhere to things (last longer) by the properties of Oudh (Agarwood). The longer the Bakhoor kept on a closed glass jar, the better the scent become. In my experience the real original (not commercial) hand made Bakhoor found in Aden-Yemen is the best!

Uses of Bakhoor:

- To Perfume the house.

- On special occasions like wedding.

- To create a romantic atmosphere in bedrooms.

- For welcoming gusts and a gesture of hospitality.

- Used to boost positive energy and dismiss bad sprits.

- Used in commercial shops and stores (specially that's related to clothes) to attract customers and to enhance their buying experience.

- It's used after a meal cooking or cigarettes smoke to quickly discard the bad smells and perfume the place.

- Bakhoor can enhance the mood and motivate creativity.

4Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Empty Re: Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Full of hopes

Full of hopes

How to Use Bakhoor

1- Bakhoor or Bukhoor (incense) is not a self-lit substance as Incense sticks. So you will need to use an electrical Incense burner (see pictures here down) to fast start and safely burn Bakhoor. These burners must get too hot for the Bakhoor to burn properly.

Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences DSC04490-ebayOud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences 03036_ElectricIncenseBurner-Edited

2- Some people (like me) find it better to use charcoal to better burn the Bakhoor slowly emitting the smoke of fragrance. In this method, burn a charcoal disc till it glows on a pottery (Mabkhara), special metal or ceramic incense burner or maybe on a pot or safe anti-burn container/plate. We use either a traditional incense burner (shown here under - first-lift) or a modern charcoal (non electrical / manual) incense burners (here-under). There is also some manufactured fast-ignite charcoals that can be bought from market or from my Store .

Last edited by Full of hopes on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Empty Re: Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:20 pm

Full of hopes

Full of hopes

Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences DSC04776-eBay
Non-electric Bakhoor Burner (Manual)

3- Put a small piece(s) of Bakhoor on the lit glowing charcoal or on the hot plate of the electric incense burner.

4- Let the smoke of fragrance fill the air of the place but not too much since this can take much oxygen from the room. The fragrance stays there after the smoke goes away. Don't open the windows till the room is saturated with the fragrance carried by the smoke of Bakhoor.

5- To perfume the clothes with Bakhoor, just expose the cloth directrly to the smoke of Bakhoor for 3 minites.

6- Please be careful not to make fire when using charcoal and incense burners at home also it is safe not to burn Bakhoor while there is somebody sleeping in place since this can take some oxygen from the room (open windows after the room is saturated with the fragrance smoke). Please keep charcoals and burners out of reach of children and don't forget to unplug the electric burners right after use.

I hope this will help you enjoy the great smell of Bakhoor.

6Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Empty Re: Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Full of hopes

Full of hopes

7Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Empty Re: Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:10 pm

zaharah

zaharah

Assalimu Alaikum hijab

Sister Do you want me to Faint? salam

Sister I LOVE LOVE LOVE incense so much, hey i wonder if i can smell the computer to get the scent
ROFL lol!

8Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Empty Re: Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:08 pm

EbonyRose

EbonyRose

Hey Sister's wow I love incense as well. I have many kinds and Just received new from my sister who lives in Madinah, Allah Akbar, my sister spoils me so much. She sent me incense for the hands, the bedsheets and carpet, the one's you burn with the coals. wow sister this is a great post. Maybe we can share flavors Smile

9Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Empty Re: Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Ghazalah

Ghazalah
Noob
Noob

We do bakhoor everyday in our house alhamdillah makes the house smelly so lovely. We also put bakhoor on our clothes, saves us a trip to Boots for perfume Very Happy

10Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Empty Re: Oud/ Bakhoor Arabic Insences Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:34 pm

zaharah

zaharah

Mashallah we do the same it smells so good. I want to apply it above my lips to smell it everywhere I go....lol but someone will mistake me for a man with moustache.... Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum