Pure Motivation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pure Motivation

To Motivate

Our Brothers and Sisters Only Groups have now been made private. If you wish to join you must click on the usergroup link and apply.
Top posters
zaharah (1191)
Stories- How I became Muslim Vote_lcapStories- How I became Muslim Voting_barStories- How I became Muslim Vote_rcap 
dangata (623)
Stories- How I became Muslim Vote_lcapStories- How I became Muslim Voting_barStories- How I became Muslim Vote_rcap 
sister harb (539)
nazleen (506)
Aisha (368)
EbonyRose (352)
Full of hopes (172)
Mila (144)
Tabu (108)
Abu Zainab (104)

Latest topics
» Pardon and Forgive.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:09 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Similitude Of Good Actions.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 4:17 am by Abu Zainab

» Tafsir al-Jalalayn.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 am by Abu Zainab

» And To Allah We Shall Return.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:23 pm by Abu Zainab

» Thought Of Ayat 43, Surat Furqan?
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptySat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 pm by Abu Zainab

» Worldly Life: So Insignificant!!
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:57 am by Abu Zainab

» Ayat 55 of Surat Ta-Ha and Our Creation.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:43 am by Abu Zainab

» The Ruh and Allah's Secret Ocean.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptySun Feb 25, 2018 7:04 am by Abu Zainab

» Amazing Quotes.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 am by Abu Zainab

» High Status Of Rasool Allah- Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 6:19 pm by Abu Zainab

» Be On Your Guard...
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 pm by Abu Zainab

» The Sadaqa (Charity) We Give Daily.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 1:05 pm by Abu Zainab

» Shortcuts To Paradise/Jannah.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 am by Abu Zainab

» Welcome to the Daily Grind where you can unwind
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 12:00 pm by sister harb

» Consider Ayat 46 of Surat Kahfi.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 7:42 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawheed In Summary.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 2:14 pm by Abu Zainab

» Inspiration For Excellent Action.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm by Abu Zainab

» Remembering Death.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 7:37 am by Abu Zainab

»  Just A Minute !!
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 pm by Abu Zainab

» His Heart Never Sleeps.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Of Scrupulousness and Little Laughter.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 pm by Abu Zainab

» Do You Know The Qur'an?
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Signs Of The Sweetness Of Imaan.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 pm by Abu Zainab

» Seeking The Beloved.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm by Abu Zainab

» Mind That Food and Drink.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:18 pm by Abu Zainab

» ALLAH: The Supreme Name.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:02 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawbah is Obligatory.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyThu May 12, 2016 11:42 am by Abu Zainab

» Cookie Pizza
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 am by sister harb

» Prophethood As A Circle.
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 am by Abu Zainab

» Benefit of Turmeric
Stories- How I became Muslim EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:22 pm by zaharah

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stories- How I became Muslim

+4
Mila
safah
EbonyRose
zaharah
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Stories- How I became Muslim Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:10 am

zaharah

zaharah

Assalimu Alaikum Forum. I wanted to start a post on stories on how you or family members became Muslim. Please share your experience with us as it may be encouragement to others, Insha Allah.
Here is some of my story below.

If you ever wonder what's it's like, ask me and I can tell you. I was born christian and studied the Gospel all my life. I became a licensed minister to teach "The word of God" (so i thought). but i always knew something just wasnt right. I couldn't quite put a hand on it but i knew in my heart there were many unanswered questions that nobody being a leader could answer. I met my husband online who was born and raised Muslim. He never pushed me to his belief or questioned or judged my thinking. I became very interested in the Quran because i always wanted knowledge no matter where i can get it. The first surah i read was Iqra "recite in the name of your Lord". My face filled with tears and my heart pounded. for the first time i felt like i was being pulled by the Truth. I took Shahadah on that day, which was 2 yr after my marriage. Alhamdu Lillah! My family (parents) didnt understand or want to except it because here i was their big time daughter the minister who everyone sought for understanding. I was turned away by many. I didnt mention things with them a lot. They just knew i changed and hoildays were not the same anymore. Any time i would mention my belief they would change the subject or the would say who is this man the prophet? I even went as far a giving my father the Quran to read for himself. He a deacon of that same chruch i mentioned. I have been praying for 2 years that Allah would open their hearts to understanding. but nothing. My mom had her 1st heartattach in may 07. I thought Allah is it time yet? (No) She had the 2nd April 08, is it time? (No)... One day she was very ill and could hardly speak without loosing her breath. My husband, daughter and son was with her at the time. My husband said to me "Recite". I began to say to her "Laila ha Illallah Muhammadan Rasulillah(S.a.w). I said it twice, she looked at me and said what are you saying, I told her that I was praying in arabic, which she has heard me say before, but would shun away. She opened her mouth and spoke "Laila ha Illallah Muhammadan Rasulillah (S.a.w.) Twice. By that time me my husdand and daughter was so full of tears and thanking Allah for his mercy. SHE TOOK SHAHADAH. She passed away 1 month later on July 19th 08, It just goes to show us Ummah that Allah is GREAT!
Zaharah

Last edited by zaharah on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:36 am

EbonyRose

EbonyRose

Sad Sad
Assalimu Alaykum sister Zaharah
May Allah rest her soul in Peace, Insha Allah
When i read this story it gives me a Great hope and Love. Thanks so much for sharing. May Allah be Pleased Sad

3Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:52 pm

safah

Noob
Noob

subhanallah

sis milla can we have your story now Laughing

http://www.shape2success.com/

4Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:38 pm

zaharah

zaharah

wow sis Safah, EID Muburak
good to see you. We been searching for our sister. welcome to the forum, Your wisdom is greatly needed, May Allah be Pleased

I love you

5Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Mila

Mila

safah wrote:subhanallah

lol salam alaykum sis safah glad u came
well my story isn't as touching as sis Zaharah
one of my parents was muslim (but now both of them are alhamdulilah) i was raised Christian but as i got older i became more aware of Islam and started to take an interest and practice it...and thats about it just real simple lol

6Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Afeefah

Afeefah
Noob
Noob

Oh dear sis Zaharah!! Allah is great.. this story makes me full of tears.. Stories- How I became Muslim Icon_sad Stories- How I became Muslim Icon_sad Stories- How I became Muslim Icon_sad
May Allah bless you and keep us all in the right path. Every time I read it I feel this is the first time to read it and I read again and again. Allah has prepared you for the light since birth.

Sis do you know people in the heaven will say: oh thanks Allah for guiding us to this and if YOU have not guided us no one will guide us..
I was born in Islam.. BUT I was away from Allah tell I had some family problems that made me feel lonely so I went back looking for Allah and I found Him, as Allah is so close to you if you are looking for Him. So the day I looked for Allah and find Him was when I was 13. Feeling alone and upset was always pushing me to complain to Allah and find Him. He supported me a lot and guided me and removed my pain. Stories- How I became Muslim Herz
And hey I forgot Allah also blessed me with a great sis who helped me a lot.. Stories- How I became Muslim Icon_wink

7Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:46 pm

zaharah

zaharah

Assalimu Alaikum sister Afeefah Very Happy
Mashallah and welcome to the Pure Motivation forum.
May Allah be pleased
Sister thank you so so much for your kind words and how you to went through a time and Allah brought you out as well, Alhamdulillah
sister we must keep the faith and press on...In the name of Allah Most Gracious and Merciful :star
:

8Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:51 pm

safah

Noob
Noob

zaharah wrote:wow sis Safah, EID Muburak
good to see you. We been searching for our sister. welcome to the forum, Your wisdom is greatly needed, May Allah be Pleased

I love you

salam sis..

well i am not that far sis,just a site away,lol

As i have got my hands full,i am an admin on www.islamicteachings.org
And and mod on CYS,and 2 others,lol.but nice to see you though.

9Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 pm

safah

Noob
Noob

Mila wrote:
safah wrote:subhanallah

lol salam alaykum sis safah glad u came
well my story isn't as touching as sis Zaharah
one of my parents was muslim (but now both of them are alhamdulilah) i was raised Christian but as i got older i became more aware of Islam and started to take an interest and practice it...and thats about it just real simple lol

walikumasalam sis..

But still your story in full details would be great,like who was your muslim parent? and how dose it feel both parents now muslim.
nice to see you..how is sis full of hope?

10Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:30 pm

zaharah

zaharah

Assalimu Alaikum...

Thanks for sharing mila your story. I thank Allah for both of your parents as well as you finding Islam, May Allah continue to guide you and your family on the right paths, Insha Allah
Sister Safah, do you have a story? hijab

11Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:20 am

nazleen

All-Star Member
All-Star Member

Stories- How I became Muslim Proud_to_be_a_muslim_SmZJGIRkK1vZ

12Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:39 am

nazleen

All-Star Member
All-Star Member

CNN WORLD NEWS: Islam is the fastest-growing religion http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9704/14/egypt.i…

Islam is Fastest Growing Religion in United States: http://www.defendamerica.mil/articles/a1…

Times on line: Thousands of british people convert to islam every year: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk…

Why European women are turning to Islam: http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1227/p01s0…

Washington-Report: The Nation's Fastest Growing Religion http://www.washington-report.org/backiss…

Washington Post: Islam Luring More Latinos http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn…

Islam is spreading among Thousands black South Africans http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&…

Washington Post: Islam Attracting Many Thousands Survivors of Rwanda Genocide http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/art…

Islam - World's Fastest Growing Religion http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/3016/f…

Many Converts to Islam Homepage: http://www.islamawareness.net/Converts/

More Sources: http://thetruereligion.org/modules/xfsec…

13Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Rahmah

Rahmah
Noob
Noob

A story that makes everyone ponder and shed tears. May Allah keep me and you sis on the right path. May Allah keep all Muslims on the right path.

14Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 am

nazleen

All-Star Member
All-Star Member

Stories- How I became Muslim Imagess_0
Jeddah, March 30:An
English language Canadian professor at King Abdulaziz University in
Jeddah has embraced Islam at the headquarters of the World Assembly of
Muslim Youth (WAMY) in Jeddah where he pronounced the Shahadas before
Sheikh Abdulilah Al-Ajlan, Assistant Director of WAMY for Da’wa
Programs.

Prof. Woelke, who changed his name to Dawood, said he was fully
convinced to embrace Islam especially after he studied the Holy Qur’an
and many books about Islam.

He said he used to visit the church in his country regularly and
notice that the comparison which is usually made between Christianity
and Islam concentrates on the existence of great differences between
them.
He said this made him decide to study Islam from the cultural
perspective so that I can find the truth about this religion. After
several years of in-depth study he decided to embrace Islam.

He said: “When I came to the Kingdom I noticed that there was a great
difference between Islam distorted by the West and the real Islam. So I
decided to dig further about this religion. When I studied more about
Islam, Almighty Allah guided me to correct path. Consequently, I decided
to embrace Islam.

15Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:24 am

nazleen

All-Star Member
All-Star Member

zaharah wrote:Assalimu Alaikum Forum. I wanted to start a post on stories on how you or family members became Muslim. Please share your experience with us as it may be encouragement to others, Insha Allah.
Here is some of my story below.

If you ever wonder what's it's like, ask me and I can tell you. I was born christian and studied the Gospel all my life. I became a licensed minister to teach "The word of God" (so i thought). but i always knew something just wasnt right. I couldn't quite put a hand on it but i knew in my heart there were many unanswered questions that nobody being a leader could answer. I met my husband online who was born and raised Muslim. He never pushed me to his belief or questioned or judged my thinking. I became very interested in the Quran because i always wanted knowledge no matter where i can get it. The first surah i read was Iqra "recite in the name of your Lord". My face filled with tears and my heart pounded. for the first time i felt like i was being pulled by the Truth. I took Shahadah on that day, which was 2 yr after my marriage. Alhamdu Lillah! My family (parents) didnt understand or want to except it because here i was their big time daughter the minister who everyone sought for understanding. I was turned away by many. I didnt mention things with them a lot. They just knew i changed and hoildays were not the same anymore. Any time i would mention my belief they would change the subject or the would say who is this man the prophet? I even went as far a giving my father the Quran to read for himself. He a deacon of that same chruch i mentioned. I have been praying for 2 years that Allah would open their hearts to understanding. but nothing. My mom had her 1st heartattach in may 07. I thought Allah is it time yet? (No) She had the 2nd April 08, is it time? (No)... One day she was very ill and could hardly speak without loosing her breath. My husband, daughter and son was with her at the time. My husband said to me "Recite". I began to say to her "Laila ha Illallah Muhammadan Rasulillah(S.a.w). I said it twice, she looked at me and said what are you saying, I told her that I was praying in arabic, which she has heard me say before, but would shun away. She opened her mouth and spoke "Laila ha Illallah Muhammadan Rasulillah (S.a.w.) Twice. By that time me my husdand and daughter was so full of tears and thanking Allah for his mercy. SHE TOOK SHAHADAH. She passed away 1 month later on July 19th 08, It just goes to show us Ummah that Allah is GREAT!
Zaharah
I am soooo happy for you
May Allah bless you with much good in this life as well as in the next

16Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:41 am

nazleen

All-Star Member
All-Star Member

Stories- How I became Muslim GeorgeGalloway_0
London, April 26:GEORGE GALLOWAY,S CONVERSION TO ISLAM.
In
this week’s magazine, from an interview between Jemima Khan and George
Galloway, the New Statesman exclusively reveals the background to
Galloway’s conversion to Islam:

George Galloway, MP for Bradford West, is a Muslim. He converted more
than ten years ago in a ceremony at a hotel in Kilburn, north-west
London, attended by members of the Muslim Association of Great Britain.
Those close to him know this. The rest of the world, including his
Muslim constituents, does not.

Over a halal, alcohol-free lunch at a cafe on Bradford’s main high
street, Khan tells Galloway: “I know someone who attended your shahadah
[the Muslim conversion ceremony].”

He stares at me across the table, penetrating blue eyes squinted,
pausing for the first time in an hour. His special adviser, a glossy
haired Asian Pakistani called Ayesha, looks into her daal while his new
bride, Gayatri Pertiwi – a Dutch-born Muslim of Indonesian descent 30
years his junior, seated beside him throughout the interview – smiles at
me.

George and Gayatri performed the nikah, the Muslim marriage ceremony,
four weeks ago at the Royal Theatre in Amsterdam, the day after his
sensational and unexpected victory in Bradford. This means, presumably,
that they are unmarried under British law. Galloway has had two previous
Muslim marriages (and this marriage to Gayatri is his fourth marriage
in total). However, a Muslim woman is not permitted to marry a
non-Muslim man under Islamic law – although the other way round is
allowed.

Khan and Galloway were scheduled to meet at the local mosque for juma
(Friday) prayers, “where Galloway usually meet the community each week,
but the plan was cancelled when it transpired that I was coming with a
photographer”. Although Galloway denies it was only the Muslim vote that
won him the Bradford seat, Khan writes:

Galloway may have successfully out-Muslimed Labour’s Muslim
British-Pakistani candidate, Imran Hussain, during the election
campaign, with his speeches full of “inshallahs”, his invocations of the
Quran – “the people who invaded and destroyed Iraq . . . will burn in
the hell-fires of Hell” – and his smattering of Arabic words: “We stand
for justice and haq [truth].” Pamphlets were distributed declaring: “God
knows who is a Muslim and he knows who is not. Instinctively, so do you
. . . I, George Galloway, do not drink alcohol and never have.”
(Galloway has denied he was responsible for these.)

In the media, Galloway is often referred to as a Catholic. However,
as Khan finds, the Muslim constituents of Bradford knew otherwise:

There must have been some white constituents in Bradford, who,
although natural Labour supporters, preferred to vote for the white
Catholic candidate rather than the brown Muslim one representing Labour.
Meanwhile, his Muslim constituents delighted in the hints – “a Muslim
is somebody who is not afraid of earthly power but who fears only the
Judgement Day. I’m ready for that, I’m working for that and it’s the
only thing I fear.” Many favoured a possible or a potential Muslim over a
“lapsed” one, such as Labour’s Hussain, who, Galloway claimed in his
campaign, was “never out of the pub”.

17Stories- How I became Muslim Empty Re: Stories- How I became Muslim Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 pm

Aisha

Aisha

Mashallah sis. Every time I read this I thank Allah. There are so many with different stories. May Allah be pleased in it all and reward you all. I'm praying for my family as well. Allah is the One who guides

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum